Thursday, January 26, 2012

What are the requirement for getting comissioned in the military?

I am pretty sure I want to join the military and be an officer. What type of bachelors degree do I need? Do different branches have different requirements? Are there program that I can join besides nrotc or reserves while finishing my degree? Which branch is best to try to get comissioned in?What are the requirement for getting comissioned in the military?Let me change around what the previous poster said. Mostly he is right, but the A.F. is drawing down its officer numbers. Unless, you go the ROTC route and get lucky not just any bachelors will be a guarantee to get you in. If you want to up your chances for A.F. then get a technical degree (i.e. engineering, meteorology, physics). Get a foreign language degree or go medical. Recently, the A.F. has had a RIF (reduction in force) in certain year groups. If you are in college now contact the A.F. detachment there, if you do not have one there then there may be a cross town agreement with another school, so check with them and see what they have to say. The admissions officer at the detachment will have better answers than I since he deals with it more.



Now, i am only speaking for A.F. I do not know the other services manpower requirements.What are the requirement for getting comissioned in the military?You need to have a bachelors degree from an accredited college/university (doesn't matter what you major in). The Air Force requires at least a 3.0 GPA, Army I think only 2.5. Then you need to pass medical evaluations, successfully complete ROTC or OCS, and qualify for at least a SECRET security clearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment