Monday, January 23, 2012

What is a good career field for a military wife who moves every few years?

I am a proud military wife and of course that means moving every 3-4 years. Does anyone have any suggestions to a job or career that is available to do for someone that moves around so much? I have worked on base before and am just looking for something with a little more meaning. Any help is much appreciated and I am not looking for anything specific, just a job that allows me to travel as much as we do that is fulfilling.What is a good career field for a military wife who moves every few years?I am in the same boat! I got my BA is psychology before my husband and I got married and it seems like a great field for our situation. I am going back to school to get my masters in early childhood psychological development. After talking to the Employment Readiness, I think this is the perfect field for an army wife. Once I get a job on post, if they move my husband to another installation, my name goes to the top of the list at the next installation (okay, maybe not the very top, but closer than it would be normally). The ladies I talked to at Psych Services said that they have many psychologists for the soldiers, but hardly any for the families. And I am not a soldier. Sure, I would be able to listen and help, but I haven't been in their situation. Now the families on the other hand... we've all been there. Kids need help and support too! And when dad's away and they move all the time... it can create some issues.



I was always told that wives couldn't have actual careers. I call BS!! Posts are little towns all into themselves. And there are special services for the soldiers (like psych services) that need qualified educated people. We wives can have jobs while our husband are soldiers, we just have to find the right place!What is a good career field for a military wife who moves every few years?
My wife works from home doing virtual customer service. She works with companies like Arise, Alpine Access, Working Solutions and LiveOps. Anything that you can do on the internet or phone from home will allow you the freedom to move practically anywhere. You could do arts and crafts and sell them. And a lot of companies are outsourcing work to freelancers. Companies such as Elance and oDesk will take care of you there. You could also start your own website or create a service that way. Its not hard to get that set up, you can even use editors so you need to know minimal coding. I use Go Daddy.com for my web hosting. You could also tutor students using tutor.com. Those are just a few examples. The possibilities are really endless. I wish you the best of luck and thank you for standing by your man when he is away. Coming from a fellow service member, it means a lot to know that the ones we love will be there when we return.What is a good career field for a military wife who moves every few years?I am currently going to school for my BA in Health Care administration. I am a certified Pharmacy tech but did not find it suited me well although it was good pay and there was jobs every where I went. I was in a GS postition from my military training but didnt enjoy the work so I switched. To have a career and move it is best to stay medical,education or work your way to high manager of AAFES pretty much. That way no matter where you there will always be an option for you to work on post.
I'm going to school right now to become a nurse. My fiance is making a career out of the Marine Corps and I know I'll always be able to get a job in nursing. It's also a really fulfilling job to get to help save people and take care of them. Plus, in this economy, nursing is one of the stable jobs!What is a good career field for a military wife who moves every few years?Anything in the G/S system. Where ever he goes, with the exception of the middle east, there will be civilians there in support. When he gets orders, you can have the system start looking to place you at his new duty assignment. As to the type of job..........whatever you are qualified to do. The sky is the limit..........What is a good career field for a military wife who moves every few years?
I bet something in the medical or counseling field would be good. It seems like miltary hospitals are chronically understaffed and I am sure they wouldn't mind the extra help. I know I have seen many civilians in on-base pharmacies but I think you need a certification for that.
Medical is good. You have a wide variety of options. Billing and coding, medical assistant etc.



I know some wives that used to do real estate but I wouldn't suggest that right now.



Any type of administrative work or teaching would be good.What is a good career field for a military wife who moves every few years?
If they have DoDD Schools on your bases you can look into that. My mom was in the office while we were stationed in Sicily and loved it and started a whole bunch of programs and helped in tons of improvements to the school.
My mom is doing really well as a nurse. She was always able to get a job fast each time my family moved. Choose something that's high in demand. I bet engineering might do well, too
My mom was a secretary, she was always able to find a job when we moved.
IT career-http://myitcareer.info/
  • duplicolor
  • publishing companies
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment