Thursday, January 26, 2012

How can I become a Military Dog Trainer?

Are dogs in the military trained by people in the military? If so does every branch have a MOS for that job title because I am kind of interested. If so can anyone could provide me with:



What branch:

MOS:



and maybe a site linking to that MOS description on the branches website. THANKS!How can I become a Military Dog Trainer?Marines is 5811 for MP and I believe a Dog Handler is 5813. The dogs we would get in the Corps were professionally trained by a Company who breeds and trains the dogs from a puppy. after they reach around 9months to a year and a half(depends on how smart the dog is) they ship them off to the appropriate duty stations to take the basic skills inbetted into them and expand on them. Most are trained either for Explosives or Drugs. Every MWD(Military Working Dog) is trained in attacking and destroying a suspect/criminal on command. No dog is trained in both Explosives and Drugs for if the dog hits on something you don't know if its drugs or a bomb so.... When a handler gets his new dog, he is the one who basically instills he discipline into the dog on attacking and listening to certain verbal commands. The handler also expands there knowledge and strengthens the dogs senses on what ever they are trained for. (Drug or Explosives)



I hope that helps you out. If you are in the service, talk to your local MP unit and they would probably let you cross train with them, but they are gonna want full dedication and you are gonna have to have a lot of patients with them, for I did this.How can I become a Military Dog Trainer?
I agree with the above and in addition if you live within a couple hour drive of a military station contact the MPs or SPs at that installation and they would be happy to give you info. Most all servicemen are into helping others interested in joining.How can I become a Military Dog Trainer?well i am in the air force and in my career field as security forces which is cops or MP. We have dog handlers and to become one of those you have to first become a Security force with your 5 skill level, then cross train into K-9 which is one of our lateral cross training for cops. the MOS for security force is 3P0X1. The MOS for K-9 is 3P0X1A. i hope that helps you out with what you wanting to know.



These site will tell you about the security forces and K-9 and about the air force also. In the website do something amazing will show you video of what K-9 handlers do.



http://usmilitary.about.com/od/airforceenlistedjobs/a/afjob3p0x1.htm



http://www.specialtactics.com/catms.shtml



http://www.af.mil/



http://www.airforce.com/



http://www.dosomethingamazing.com/How can I become a Military Dog Trainer?
Okay well first I would think of taking some classes in animal training. Then I would figure out a way to mount some kind of weapon system on the dogs head. Maybe with staples or something. Im having trouble with the idea of a dog army.How can I become a Military Dog Trainer?The dog handeler is an offshot of the 31B mos which is MP. I believe it is an ASI (additional skill identifer). I could be wrog though hee are a few links that might be helpful. If this is what you want to do just go and talk to an Army recruiter and get the info from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment