Monday, January 23, 2012

How do obtain a military ID for my immigrant wife?

My fiancee will be arriving in the states in July 2009. We are getting married right away. She will not have a Social Security card for a few weeks. Will I still be allowed to obtain a military ID while I wait for a social security card. My fiancee will be arriving in the states with a K-1 visa. Does any military member, particularly navy, have experience with my situation.How do obtain a military ID for my immigrant wife?I was in your position myself. It won't be a problem at all. Once you get married, you and her will have to go get her ID. All you'll need is her passport (with the visa stamp to prove that she's in the USA legally) and your marriage certificate. They will assign her a temporary SSN based upon the number in her passport. Once she gets her SSN, just go back and have her get a new ID card.

No comments:

Post a Comment