Monday, January 30, 2012

How do I prepare my son for the military?

I think my 6 year old son will grow up to join the military when he turns 18 because on his father's side they have multi-generations who serve in the military. How do I prepare my son for life in the military when he turns 18? I already have him enrolled in swim class. Should I do boy scouts too?How do I prepare my son for the military?Swimming, boy scouts, and other sports/activities are great for a young boy, but he's only six right now so you should not be thinking about preparing him for the military. He will make that choice when the time comes- and be ready to accept it if he does not want to enlist. It's his life afterall...How do I prepare my son for the military?
Yu shouldn't push him to do anything he doesn't wanna do, I'm not saying you are but be prepared if he wants to do something else with his life... yyou should discus this when he's older and ujndersstands things more and if he wants to go intoii the military then he should go into one of the many Army shops around and get info from books and ask people who have already been in the military.



:)How do I prepare my son for the military?Swimming and boyscouts is a great idea. It's never a bad idea to have your children involved in activities. However, just becasue you have multi-generations that are in the military does not mean your choose to do so. You might want to make this evaluation when he's older, say more like 15 or 16.How do I prepare my son for the military?
ROTC in high school.

helps him build confidence and it will be well worth it.

trust me i'm in ROTC going to the Air Force.



yellow pages for swim classes.How do I prepare my son for the military?I think anything that you can do to facilitate a boy's natural desire to get out into life would be good. Swim lessons are great. I was in the scouts and loved it. Sports, but only if he wants to. Any kind of skill that he can learn growing up, shooting at rifle ranges, karate classes, clubs, anything social. All of that will help him in anything that he might want to do in life, including the army.



About the only thing I would guard against is pushing him too much. Try to help him reach his dreams, not your dreams. Try to facilitate, not push. On the other hand, making him do his school lessons is good.How do I prepare my son for the military?
When he's older shooting ranges too!

No comments:

Post a Comment