Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What should I give a retired military man for Xmas?

My father retired from the military for almost a year now and I have no idea what to give him for X-Mas. He used to be in the Navy. Any suggestions on something he would like that would honor his time in the military?What should I give a retired military man for Xmas?The link below is to the Navy Memorial site. There is a link to their Ship's Store. Lots of Navy-oriented items for sale. And pass on my personal wishes for a Merry Christmas to my shipmate.

Retired Navy Officer.What should I give a retired military man for Xmas?
More details please....what did he do, did he love what he did, etc??

I could give you some great ideas of what I've done for my daddy in the past 20 years.....I never get tired of finding special ways to honor him and his service. ;)



ETA: Parents still together? Is there anyone who can "borrow" his pins, ribbons, his rack, any coins he received??

Last year, we did a fantastic Commemorative Box for him. My mama sent me all his stuff and we picked and chose what to put in the box. Got some flight wings, unit patches, coins, money he had left from Nam, etc....just things that we thought that he would love to have displayed in his "me wall" or "me room"......he LOVED it!

One year I was able to have someone convert a patch to a pattern so that I could cross-stitch it for him. I did the same with his Academy Crest....turned out beautifully.



There's more but I'm tired and need sleep. ;)What should I give a retired military man for Xmas?Health insuranceWhat should I give a retired military man for Xmas?
how about a firm handshake and a "thank you for serving our country". me being in the army currently, i did that to a vietnam vet the other day and he broke out in tears. he said that what i'd done was the first time anybody had ever done that to him and he was extremely grateful. you also might want to consider a " shadow box " for christmas. its not really a box box, but a gapped picture frame that you can put in all his medals, decorations, and coins. i have one that my kids gave me when i came back from iraq. it has a miniature flag, my ribbons, some of my medals, my rank, my name plate, insignia, all on a deep blue background. it makes everything stand out splendedly. i love it. think about that. if you have any questions feel free to ask me using this name and yahoo.com. i'll be happy to answer.What should I give a retired military man for Xmas?I'm getting a bunch of neckties, dress shirts, bedroom slippers and a bathrobe.



They used my online account from the stores to buy them and are not aware that I get an email confirmation when the stuff was shipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment