Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I receive a Military Retirement Check monthly. How will this effect my Soc Sec If I start collecting at 62 ?

My Military Retirement is $1800 per month. Will this effect the amount I will receive from Soc Sec If I start collecting Soc Sec at age 62 ?I receive a Military Retirement Check monthly. How will this effect my Soc Sec If I start collecting at 62 ?I've checked several web sites and apparently the answer is NO.



This question stems from the days when servicement did not pay into SS, but that was pre-1957 I think so should not affect you.



The offset was intended to affect people who did not pay into SS, like city and state government employees.



Here's the page on the SS web site:



http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10017.html



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment