Saturday, February 18, 2012

How can I find out how many people in the world have ever earned a military history degree?

Is there any possible way to know how many people have ever earned a graduate degree in military history? Not only that, but a breakdown of how many females, males, whites, blacks, asians, etc. I am just curious as to how many minorities have studied military history at the graduate level. Would I need to contact academic departments for this information? Any suggestions?How can I find out how many people in the world have ever earned a military history degree?A Sisyphean task.



Miltary history at degree level is often called War Studies,Peace Studies,War and Peace Studies, or other nomenclatures rather than History - I've worked in academia for well over 20 years, and specialize in military history,but work for the History Department,and graduated with a History degree,although much of what I studied and wrote about as both an undergraduate and postgrad student was on military history.



Short of everyone who's ever studied history,social sciences,and all of the above classifications I've mentioned handing over their transscripts to you (inherenetly most unlikely),I don't see how you'd be able to collect sufficient data to arrive at even a ballpark figure.



I can tell you that many students that you describe as minorities have studied military history in my classes,most of them graduating and many going on to postgrad study in similar fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment